Information on Covid
According to current federal government regulations, a nationwide lockdown will go into effect from 22.11.2021 until presumably 12.12.2021. During this period, the following measures will apply to visitor operations:
- Access to the former protective custody camp will remain closed, as will all buildings (including the information center in the Bookshop).
- The outdoor areas (former camp road, memorial park, etc.) are accessible.
- All planned educational activities must be cancelled. Participants will be informed of this by the memorial.
- The Visitor Center of the Gusen Concentration Camp Memorial will be closed from 22.11.2021 until further notice.
- The memorial area is accessible.
Visiting the Archive in Vienna
- The archive will remain closed. The staff of the collections and the library will continue to be available for information by telephone or e-mail.
We will keep you informed about any changes on this page and via our social media channels.
For general information about visiting the memorial (at a later date), please call +43 7238 2269-10 (Mon-Fri, 9am-12pm, excluding public holidays) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.